Thursday, August 18, 2011

INTERVIEW: Corey Taylor of Slipknot

Corey with Wes Styles/ WXQR Radio
Where do you start with Corey Taylor?  The word mega-talent comes to mind. Not only the driving force behind Slipknot and Stone Sour, but now a best selling author.  It seems that Corey Taylor is everywhere, and is doing everything, between European tours with Slipknot, and the recent Stone Sour tour. He is now on a book tour, promoting his new book, Seven Deadly Sins: Settling The Argument, Between Born Bad and Damaged Good.   I had the real honor of talking with Corey a couple of weeks ago to discuss many aspects of where things stood on the many fronts of his career. I also was able to have a little fun and ask him, who I consider a friend, a few questions that may shed a little insight on the man we know as Corey Taylor!

Q:  If you could have written any song in history, what would it have been?

A:  (Corey) “If I could have written any song in the history of the world, I’ve gotta go with “Everlong”‘ by Foo Fighters.  It’s one of my all-time favorite tunes, and I have just now started doing a version of that in my acoustic set. It’s as much fun to play as it is to listen to. To me, it is just the perfect song. I’m really, really mad at Dave Grohl for writing it, so there ya go and I am glad that he did!” 



... READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment